Infognition forum
October 24, 2017, 05:26:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Last Video Enhancer version: 2.2

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Video Enhancer can't process my file  (Read 59765 times)
mailed

some one

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2008, 09:23:33 AM »

Video Enhancer can't process my file!

This message was originally emailed by a user.
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:08:56 AM »

Surely, this information is not enough to come up with a sane answer.
To get the problem solved you need to answer 3 questions:

1) Can VE play the file in the main window when you open your file?

If no, you seem to lack a codec for this kind of files. I recommend installing K-Lite Codec Pack (full):
http://codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm
it contains necessary codecs to open 99% of files. When installing be sure you check the points regarding FLV, FLV1 and VP6 (install FLV Splitter and set ffdshow to decode FLV1 and VP6 video). In other points about DivX, XviD, MP3 etc I recommend not to use ffdshow and use original codecs since ffdshow is not very stable.

2) Can VE process your file in Preview mode?

Open your file in VE, choose what you want to do with it (e.g. resize with SR, process with some filters) and press Preview.
If preview does not start and shows some errors, this means the problem is with the decoder compatibility.
You can try installing different codec for this kind of files or report the problem, read below how to get more details.

If preview is ok, then next question:
3) Can VE process your file in normal mode - writing output to disk?

If processing doesn't start and shows some errors, then probably you chose a bad codec for compression, try selecting another one.
If processing doesn't start but doesn't show any errors either - just sits still, it means your codec wasn't configured properly, see topics about XviD and DivX, for example.

If you couldn't find the solution yourself, you can report the problem. Since there are dozens of different codecs and thousands combinations of their interactions, the more information you provide, the more chances to get it working. Since Video Enhancer version 1.9.1 there is a debug mode. Open Video Enhancer folder in Program Files and start VideoEnhancerDebugMode. Then try to process your file as you wanted. At the same directory where you told it to write output file it will create a .txt file with the name of your output file which will contain list of components used in processing, including decoding and encoding codecs and all intermediate filters. Please provide contents of this file when reporting an error.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:15:16 AM by Dee Mon » Logged
valencia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 02:58:07 PM »

hai deemon...im having same problem...video enhancer cannot load my movie file (DIVX AVI format). i already have k-lite codec pack full version on my windows..i donwload the movie

http://rapidshare.com/users/8P8PJQ/5

try to edit with video enhancer..but too bad...cannot load after browse input movie and open...automaticly closed..what should i do?
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 05:34:37 AM »

If it closes just after you open a movie (but before you start processing) then it is a codec issue: decoder crashes.
If it closes after you press Start or Preview then you may have a broken (for example, badly cracked) version, just download proper version of VE from this site and install it.
rainmanp7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 03:40:21 AM »

There is definatly something operating system related or video issues.

But from my experiance from many years. Anytime you open a file and there is any issue......
It's a codec issue or a program loading the file issue.
IE = the program uses the codec to load the file.
1: So the way to find out is see if the movie even PLAYS! in VLC or Windows Media Player.
If it plays and things are fine then you have the codec decoder.
To encode you need the encoder.
2: Play it first ,if it plays then you can load it.
3: Many pirated fake movies out there now have Embeded trogan crap with links etc..
That might be the main issue right there.
4: Movies with strange embeded root kits etc.. can also give that effect.
Run a spyware program and antivirus to make sure it's not that.
5: The only other problem in the world that I know of is a strange one Smiley and it's called the person that downloads the program and has power issues causing data coruption or download coruption to the file it's self = This will cause adverse effects of program operation. That's why allot of pirated version now use MD5 or PAR files to check agaisnt the program or RARs to make sure it's legit and not corrupt as a whole.
I have seen any program that is in memory get really messed up if there is a power problem.
I have also seen corupt downloads do this very same thing.
So SFV-MD5-SH1-PAR <-these files can check the program if you can get a downlaod providing any of these or even a hash check.

1 last note:
A movie beleive it or not can have codec coruption in it and can be completely wacked out!
usally the end or the begining of the video file gets smoked and that can cause crashing.
But you would know this if it could not be played in a Video Player such as VLC.

The Only untold things is this:
There are videos encrypted or protected ,and need a special player to play this type of file ,and the video won't play or load in anything else other then that special player. There are special programs that can only view these video files and open them ,becasue they are created by a special codec programed only to view the file and play it. Only within this specialy programmed video players it's self can it be played.
That type of specialy encoded video is gonna be the nasty one.

There is a program called mediainfo that can give you detials of the video Smiley
The Free Media Info
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download
The Free VLC player
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
The Free Antivirus
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html
The Free Antispyware
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
Video Inspector To Get the Codec you need and see what the video needs.
http://www.kcsoftwares.com/index.php?download
Codecs Can be obtained here
http://codecsdb.com/

I hope this information has helped. Good Luck My Friend.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:23:10 AM by rainmanp7 » Logged
Manoman455

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 05:50:23 AM »

Okay I have reinstalled my operating system and this program, everything goes well until somewhere in the middle of processing the video preview freezes and the estimated time remaining shoots upwards and doesn't stop increasing. I am forced to stop and close the program, i dont think it is a video codec since i checked every output codec on the list, and so i resort here. Please help.
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 10:20:39 AM »

Can you describe in more details what you do: what kind of input file, what SR mode (if any), filters (if any), etc.?
emmrecs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 08:14:51 PM »

As a very newbie user (just downloaded trial version) I'd like to join in this thread.

I'm experiencing apparently similar problems to other users that VE can't process my video file.  It is an .avi (DV) created by converting analogue VHS to DV, via Canopus capture card (ACEDVio).

The resulting file plays in VE with no problem but as soon as I try any "enhancement" (using or not using the Wizard, choosing "Uncompressed" audio and video or "DV Video" codec and uncompressed audio) almost immediately the following error message appears:

E1706  Can't connect source and VIH
Unspecified error
E1755   Cannot decode this file (Can't connect source and VIH)
Unspecified error
(80004005)

Hopefully, this will provide some info as to what is wrong.  I've read the FAQs and various posts about codecs etc but can't see this specific problem being mentioned anywhere.

TIA for any advice/guidance.

Jeff

I should add that both Preview and attempting to write the file to HD produce the same result.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:16:36 PM by emmrecs » Logged
Manoman455

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 08:30:10 PM »

UPDATE: it turned out to be a codec problem and i resolved it. LOL!
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 07:45:43 PM »

emmrecs, this means VE cannot find proper codec for your file or use it.
Can you upload somewhere a small example of a file created by that Canopus card?
emmrecs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 10:01:38 PM »

Hi.

Many thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, all the .avi files I have from the Canopus conversion are large (at least 20 minutes long) and so "difficult" to post.

However, I have tried VE on a Stock Footage .avi file, (i.e. not "converted" by Canopus) 11 seconds playing time, and received the identical message using both Uncompressed video and DV Video Encoder.  Would it help if I were to post this file to somewhere like SendSpace.com?  I have "bought" the file so it is mine to upload, if that would help.

Jeff

Just as a matter of interest: What is VIH?
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 10:46:19 AM »

You can cut out a second-long part of your Canopus AVI file using VirtualDub, for example. See http://www.virtualdub.org

VIH is a component of Video Enhancer which receives video from a decoder and makes it suitable for processing by other VE components, like sample grabber which gets uncomressed video to show it in a window. When VE tries to open a file it uses standard DirectShow means to find proper decoder and then connects it to the VIH. Those error messages are not user-friendly but provide some insights for us, developers. I guess in next version we'll make them less crypted.
emmrecs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 12:34:17 PM »

Thanks for info.

File uploaded http://www.sendspace.com/file/dnghtj

History of this video (may be relevant):

Originally 8mm silent film
Transferred (professionally, not by me) to VHS with music track added
Transcribed to DV using Canopus card

Hope this enables you to discover what the problem may be.  I suspect VE may be exactly what I need to improve the quality of (old) VHS tapes transcribed to DVD.

Jeff
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »

Thanks! The file uploaded to sendspace is not DV, it's just plain uncompressed RGB24. I'm not having any problems processing it in VE. Seems like some codec in your system interferes with the process. Try running the Debug mode described in the beginning of this thread.
emmrecs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 04:26:58 PM »

Thanks for this latest message.

Tried to run VE in Debug Mode as per instructions earlier in thread but no .txt file produced, presumably because the error message appears immediately after clicking Preview or Start.

I also tried running VE with each of the listed video codecs available on the screen of VE; all produced the same error!

I note you said in your reply that my file is RGB24.  The uncompressed video "type" listed in VE is RGB32.  Presumably the numbers are bit-depth?  Could this "difference" produce the problem?

Jeff
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: