Infognition forum
October 24, 2017, 05:28:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Last Video Enhancer version: 2.2

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XviD codec does not work  (Read 22418 times)
mailed

some one

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2008, 08:21:32 AM »

Hi, I have been trying to use the video compression codec Xvid MPEG4 on a avi movie which I can play it and preview it fine, but when I select "Start" the processing cannot start. I tried other compression codecs and they work fine.

This message was originally emailed by a user.
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »

XviD has a bug involving its status window. When this option is enabled, it will hang and prevent processing.
To make XviD work in Video Enhancer one needs to change one option in Xvid's parameters (this needs to be done just once).
When you choose Xvid for compression in Video Enhancer, press "Configure", then...

For XviD 1.1: Press "Advanced options", "Debug" and switch off "Display encoding status".
For XviD 1.2: Press "Other options" and switch off "Display encoding status".

After you've done it once, Xvid will work in VE.

Since version 1.9.1 Video Enhancer does it for you, so XviD should work in VE without any actions from you.
itou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 12:00:59 PM »

hello,

I'm trying the VE 1.9.2
reencoding mp4 AVC HDV from a camcorder using vdf filter to xvid 1.2 or 1.1.2 (15000 kbits for quality)
and then using stereo movie maker SMM (that accept only a few codec).
the video result from VE is playable on most player but not in SMM (I have this message : Your Video does not have FOURCC code).
Using xvid from mediacoder, all is OK
using Vdub (using directshowsource) and the same xvid codec as VE, the video is OK into SMM too.
I've checked the VE result with mpeg4modifer with no success.
Also the size are different.
and using mediainfo, the VE result : 15.4 Mbps
Vdub and Mediacoder result (or another converter using same xvid parameters) : 13.2 Mbps

Trying to add a new FOURCC but no success.

I don't know why !?

thanks

Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 05:44:30 PM »

The size might differ because of different audio compression. You can see actual video stream size in VirtualDub's file information.

The FOURCC problem might be caused by SMM not recognizing 'XVID' but working ok with 'xvid'. There are two places in AVI file where FOURCC value is written. VE writes 'XVID' to both places but VirtualDub stores 'xvid' in first place and 'XVID' in the other.

You can use this little tool to change the FOURCC in AVI without recompressing:
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avifourcc.html
Aaron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 12:23:44 PM »

Please help!

I'm having a problem with this also.

I have downloaded and am running version 1.9.3

Here is what I'm trying to do:

I have an AVI file I would like to look really great using modern and world useable compression. For Video
that's Xvid MPEG-4 Codec.

Here is my set up. Video compressor = Xvid MPEG-4
                         Audio = MPEG layer-3 'although I don't need to use that if you know something better, I just picked it.'

I have read the other forum posts and see that I need to go into Configure, then Other Options and be sure 'Display Encoding Status is NOT checked. I can see that it's not.

But when I click Start, I'm watching my Windows Task Manager and I can see the Video Enhancer go right into 'Not Responding'.

I really want this to work badly... If this configuration is not correct please tell me. If you know of a configuration that can super enhance an AVI file please let me know. I'm not at all interested in SPEED I'm looking for top quality so the processing time is not an issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you.
Aaron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 01:00:53 PM »

Humm,, I've just tried several different Codec settings and I'm getting the 'Not Responding' at my Windows Task Manager on them all. I think I'm doing something totally wrong, hehe.  Cry
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 04:24:32 PM »

Does it work in Preview mode?

Also, check out this list:
http://forum.thedeemon.com/index.php/topic,11.0.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: