Infognition forum
September 23, 2019, 04:52:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Last Video Enhancer version: 2.2

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: No output pins on MPEG-2 Demultiplexer  (Read 21077 times)
Mike

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2010, 07:02:26 PM »

I built a small graph with a Canon HV30 and connected MPEG2TS Out to the MPEG-2 Demultiplexer. Tried right clicking everywhere, running and pausing graph, but can't seem to get any output pins. How do I create these?
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 11:52:20 AM »

Impossible to tell remotely. How can we reproduce this situation without a Canon HV30?
Did you try other demuxers? Does it work correctly in MS GraphEdit? Did you try inserting a sample grabber and seeing any anomalies in the stream?
Mike

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 12:26:51 PM »

It's not related to the HV30 I think, as it works fine in code. I wanted to try out your product to see how easy (or as it looks now, how difficult) it is to build this in your program. In graphedit the correct procedure is to use the properties page, but that does not show up as I did not bother to register the proppage.dll. What I thought was so cool about your product is that I get the properties page without this dll. But I see no command to add pins, and the suggestion in another topic to run the graph does not add any either. Could not find anything in the sparse doc either.

I can't hook up samplegrabber as there are no output pins on the demux the connect it to Smiley
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 01:24:47 PM »

I'm not aware of any differences between GEP and MS GraphEdit regarding property pages. Right click a filter and select "Property page" to see it, but only if the filter supports required interface. After you created output pins in the property page, right click the graph window and select "Refresh graph". You'll see the new pins.

As for sample grabber, I meant inserting it between source and demux, i.e. connect it to the input pin.
Mike

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 01:29:31 PM »

OK, confused now. If I right click and select property page, nothing happens. Which is to be expected as there already is a window with the same name (bottom-left). I see no way in that window to create output pins.

Instead of guessing, is there any documentation on this?
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 07:23:55 PM »

Here's a step by step.
Right click the filter

See property page, add new pin

Refresh the view

Voila!

Sorry, documentation is not ready yet.
Mike

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 07:48:52 PM »

Thank you, but that's now what I am seeing. Also I find it very confusing there are apparently 2 property pages..
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 08:35:12 PM »

Agree. "Property page" is a name which is used in MSDN for the dialog window shown by a filter itself. How would you call the bottom-left window with information about selected filter/pin/connection then?
Mike

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 09:04:15 PM »

You should give an error if the property page won't load.
Any name for that window would be better as long as it is not Properties, how about Filter Settings or Filter Description or Filter Parameters?

I bought a license so I can try the code that your program generates. I hope it is still in development as I noticed the last version is a year old.
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 02:26:19 AM »

Thanks!
Yes, we're planning to release a minor update soon with some fixes and improvements in generated code, and later new versions with major advancements like DES support (DirectShow Editing Services) and remote control (working with graphs over network). This year we devoted most of our time to other projects since GEP was mature enough and there weren't many requests for improvements.

If you've got any ideas on what is missing or can be done better please let us know.
Mike

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 11:23:28 AM »

Thank you, I will do that here http://forum.infognition.com/index.php/topic,537.0.html.
Mike

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 04:28:33 PM »

FYI: I registered proppage and confirmed it works fine in GE, but still not in GEP. If I right click and select Properties, the popupmenu closes and no dialog is shown. If I do the same IN GE I do get the dialog.

Windows7/64
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 04:47:16 PM »

Is it with just one filter or all of them?
Is it in 64 or 32 bit mode of GEP?
Mike

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 04:57:47 PM »

Ah! It works if I use the 32 bit version. Some error handling would be appreciated Smiley

BTW: do you offer assistance for payment? I am trying to build an HDV graph. Now have it working (in GE & GEP) using the M$ DTV-DVD Video Decoder,  but it won't work with the GPL MPEG-1/2 Decoder. I do not understand why and google is not helping.
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 07:06:31 PM »

>do you offer assistance

Yes, sometimes. We were very busy this week releasing a new product but next week you can send me an email and I can try to help.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: