Infognition forum
October 22, 2017, 08:14:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Last Video Enhancer version: 2.2

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How to keep ffdshow post processing(deblocking filter) in finalized video  (Read 17210 times)
Milardo

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2011, 02:41:39 AM »

Hi,

I was looking for a way to save a video with ffdshow post processing decoding enabled, meaning you could play it back in any compatible player using or not using ffdshow(post processing filter off) and the output is just as if you had ffdshow post processing enabled! I use the screen recorder below for this. This seems to be the only way to save the decoding from filter, if you use the ffdshow encoder with the post processing filter enabled it doesn't seem to work and also it doesn't seem to work if you use virtualdub/direct show driver plugin as it doesn't seem to pass the deblocking to video. Oh yeah at least for fast spp deblocking that is the case but that seems to be the best deblocker with in ffdshow post processing filter.

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/another-freeware-screen-capture-software-hard-find-t8330.html
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 08:36:07 AM »

ffdshow can act as encoder and as decoder. Post processing is a feature of decoder, so of course you won't see it in encoder output. To save its result I would make a graph in GraphEditPlus consisting of source file, ffdshow as decoder with all necessary post processing, then some encoder and output file. This way it is possible to keep original resolution and frame rate. With screen capture you will most probably get lower framerate.
Manoman455

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 11:44:15 AM »

have you tried using the ffvdub plugin or using the ffdshow codec as output and enabling the postprocessing features? I don't recommend using ffdshow as output as it leaves me off with unsynced videos. My alternative was to do scaling in Video Enhancer and then import video to virtualdub and and filters there, of course I work in lossless.
Milardo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 09:33:08 AM »

Yes I've tried to to use ffvdub plugin and ffdshow codec/encoder with postprocessing enabled, could never get them to work and I did read somewhere that postprocessing was disabled in the above. If anybody could compile it ffvdub and ffdshow codec/encoder with postprocessing enabled that would be great!
Manoman455

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 09:06:20 AM »

well are you trying to process through ffdshow before or after SR? if it is before go into ffdshow decoder and set desired settings there and then input into video enhancer. If after then the only sure way i can think of is input video into video enhancer using a lossless codec like lagrith and then input the resulting video into virtualdub and use the ffvdub plugin that way and compress with desired encoder/codec. another thing, if you just plan on deblocking then MSU deblock filter is very good at doing so. also if you really cant get the video to work you can upload the video onto megaupload and message me the link, I will be more then happy to render the video for you, just tell me the settings you want in ffdshow, ill upload the final video product onto megaupload and post the link in a private message to you.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:11:23 AM by Manoman455 » Logged
Milardo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 01:11:13 AM »

Here is a good video to test it with.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z05aad145cozqbj

Please try to use ffvdub plugin with post processing enabled/fast spp deblocking/200%/and no automatic quality control with ffdshow encoder/divx3 codec if possible.

Also, if you have another way to enhance this video quality please let me know thanks in advance!
Manoman455

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 04:21:36 PM »

Ok I will test the settings today, and sorry for the late reply, I am in college and its finals week. I will upload what I have and also upload a video of what I did so you can verify what was asked and/or make and corrections to what I might have done wrong.
Manoman455

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 09:05:33 AM »

Also I will not be scaling the video because I don't see any mention of it, I will implement the settings you specified on the source and I will not upscale. I will upscale the video using resizer (lanczos3-4, nnedi3, SR.....etc) method you specify if any. The settings you gave didn't work in ffvdub with virtualdub but there is a way of doing it, I will upload the video on exactly how I did it. The settings mentioned smooths out the video and deblocking is ok, but if I remember correctly MSU smart deblocker is the best deblocker to use.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:48:52 AM by Manoman455 » Logged
Manoman455

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 10:23:13 AM »

ok here is the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzn0BgYslPw
Milardo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 07:58:17 AM »

Thanks for the tutorial video. However, I can't see the settings you used because the video isn't that clear ( can't see the settings chosen in video enhancer ). Could you type out the instructions on the settings you used? If you could upscale the video that would be fine, but is it possible to keep it at 640x480? Take your time thanks in advance.
Manoman455

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 10:09:27 AM »

hmmm, you must have a very low resolution monitor, probably a laptop but who am I to judge, but yeah I can post what I did, and yeah you can keep it at the current resolution but it kinda beats the purpose of having video enhancer do all this, virtualdub should be enough for what you are trying to do. Ok I guess I will type out what I did then.
Notice: the pictures I made are not exact to the instructions...example:in the picture the check box isn't checked but instruction says to check it, in this case check the box. The pictures are to just show the placement of the object for that particular step.

1) open video enhancer, should be in advance mode.
2) select desired input video.
3) select desired output destination.
4) clcik on choose.

5.1)keep audio as (No compression: copy stream).
5.2) click on ffdshow video encoder.
5.3) click configure.

6.1) set Encoder as DivX 3.
6.2) Set FOURCC as DIV3.
6.3) set Mode as one pass quality.
7) set quality slider bar all the way to the right (%100).
8 ) on the left side panel click input.
9.1) check the Enable image processing.
9.2) and click configure.

10) left side panel check and click Postprocessing.

11.1) drag slider bar all the way to the right (%200).
11.2) check fast SPP deblocking.
11.3) you can check the Process whole image but its optional.
12.1) click Apply.
12.2) then click OK.

13) click OK again.

14) click OK again.LOL.

15) make sure you have nothing in the Filters Sequence, unless you want to.
16) clcik Start.

17) Wait......your all done.

Hopes this helps, continue to ask if you have any questions.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:16:32 AM by Manoman455 » Logged
Milardo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 11:34:25 AM »

Thanks for the guide, I have already tried that before though. Tried it again and it didn't work, video looks exactly the same.
Manoman455

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 12:52:05 PM »

hmm.....thats very strange lol.
have you tried virtualdub?
does it give you the same results?
try using the MSu smart deblocker plugin.
I can only think of one reason why its not working for you, your system is probably messed up...codec wise.
If you still want to continue using the ffdshow postprocessing, you will probably have to fix something as it worked perfectly for me using the method I post above.
I can also help on Aim: manoman344.
Milardo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 03:56:46 AM »

Yes I have tried it in virtualdub with the same results and the msu smart deblocker plugin isn't strong enough. I don't believe anything is wrong with my system, regarding codecs I only have a few installed, like ffdshow, xvid, wmvc9, vp7, yeah. I usually use wmp 12 to view results. I let wmp12 decode the video not ffdshow, just in case I forget that post processing is enabled and decoding the video. Do you have yahoo email? I use that for chat.
Manoman455

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 09:33:02 AM »

yeah I have that, manoman455@yahoo.com. Um does your decoding with post processing work? if so go into decoder settings and set the settings you want in decoder, then in video enhancer select your input source then select your output, then choose a codec, then just click start, in ffdshow encoder settings uncheck "enable image processing". click start on video enhancer, then after finished set the decoder settings back to defualt (disabled). That is probably the only think left I can think of that involves ffdshow postprocessing. for the yahoo email, I rarely go on but you can add me and if lucky you will see me online once in awhile.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: