Infognition forum
October 22, 2017, 08:16:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Last Video Enhancer version: 2.2

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Wait for version 2 or buy now?  (Read 14323 times)
Liquid

View Profile WWW
« on: June 03, 2011, 06:27:12 AM »

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

I was just about to purchase Video Enhancer, but I have a question (which may have already been asked before). Will the upgrade price from version 1 to version 2 be - the price of version 1 plus the difference? Or will there be some other pricing structure? I just want to know whether it would be more economical to wait for the release of version 2 (since it's scheduled for release in a couple of months), or whether to buy version 1 now. I have made great use of the trial version and may not need to use Video Enhancer again until version 2 is released. But if the upgrade price is going to be just the difference between the two versions... or cheaper, I will buy it now.

Thanks

PS. I have had some astonishing results with Video Enhancer, converting old 720 x 576 clips to 1280 x 720 (mostly landscapes, where you can't tell it's been cropped). In most cases the resized video looks cleaner than the original... which was very surprising to me. Great program! Smiley
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:01:22 AM »

Version 2.0 is still far from this moment. We spent last few months entirely on another project (related to our ScreenPressor video codec) and not on Video Enhancer development.

The price for 2.0 will probably be the same as for 1.x. Owners of 1.x will get it either for free or with a major discount (like 50%). This is not decided yet.
Liquid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 05:59:19 PM »

Thanks.

I tried to purchase Video Enhancer tonight, but the Regnow purchase page is not working properly. It won't let me remove the extended download option. It just opens a popup thanking me for shopping with Regnow, then gives me a timeout and resets the connection. I tried about 10 times in 2 browsers - Firefox and Opera. When I close the tab I get another popup telling me not to leave and offering a discount if I click the link to buy now. So I click the link and it opens the order page with a $5.50 discount.... but I still can't remove the extended download option. So I tried just pressing the order button after filling out all my details... but nothing. I get a timeout in Firefox and an error with a number of links in Opera. One of the links is to a google advisory page, which said that Regnow pages had been found to act as an intermediary for the infection of 14 sites, which results in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. here is the link to the Google advisory page http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=regnow.com/

I am a bit reluctant to try again after reading that - especially since the page is not working properly. It makes me wonder whether it is safe to use Undecided
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 09:48:43 AM »

RegNow is a company which handles payments processing for thousands of different vendors. We've been using it for 5 years now and 99.5% of our customers are pretty happy with it. Of course there may be some unfair vendors out there who try to sell some malicious software via RegNow, so one may expect such reports. Sometimes they have technical quirks leading to issues like yours in some browsers, but that's very rare. I can see that yesterday someone bought Video Enhancer without the extended download option, so disabling it must have worked yesterday. What versions of Firefox and Opera do you use? We'll file a bug to RegNow. Meanwhile you can try it in Internet Explorer.
Liquid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 04:20:45 PM »

Ok, I may have misunderstood what that advisory page was saying. I thought that it was referring directly to the purchase page I was trying to use. Still, quite a few sites were unwittingly infected, including Shareit (who also have a good reputation).

I am using  Firefox 4.01  and Opera 11.11 (which are the latest versions). I just tried again in Firefox and I'm still getting a timeout when I click the icon to remove the extended download option and also if I just click the "Place secure order" button or the Paypal payment option checkbox. I have cleared my cache and removed the cookies, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I will wait a few days and try again.  Thanks for your quick reply Wink
Manoman455

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 01:46:55 PM »

Are you using any antivirus, web filtering, for example PeerBlock... these programs might be the cause. Just a thought.
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 07:50:32 PM »

Just got answer from RenNow:

Thank you for contacting us.

Sounds like the customer was very thorough in his attempts to place his
order.  Would you be able to ask him what operating system he was using?
I could have our development team test further to see if they could
duplicate the customers error.

In the mean time, I would recommend the customer reach out to our
customer service center so they can place the order on the customers
behalf.

Customer Service Contact Information:
877-353-7297
952-646-5331
Fax 1: 800-442-3172
Fax 2: 952-646-5604 
Email: ordersupport@regnow.com
Liquid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 03:58:20 AM »

Are you using any antivirus, web filtering, for example PeerBlock... these programs might be the cause. Just a thought.

Just Avast! and Sygate personal firewall. But I never have any problems with those. I do have NoScript and Adblock in Firefox, but I disabled them both when trying to place my order.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 04:02:49 AM by Liquid » Logged
Liquid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 04:00:32 AM »

Just got answer from RenNow:

Thank you for contacting us.

Sounds like the customer was very thorough in his attempts to place his
order.  Would you be able to ask him what operating system he was using?
I could have our development team test further to see if they could
duplicate the customers error.

In the mean time, I would recommend the customer reach out to our
customer service center so they can place the order on the customers
behalf.

Customer Service Contact Information:
877-353-7297
952-646-5331
Fax 1: 800-442-3172
Fax 2: 952-646-5604  
Email: ordersupport@regnow.com

Thanks. I may opt for the email option... as I live in Australia. I am using XP service pack 3 as an OS.

Cheers, I appreciate your help Smiley
Liquid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 04:23:56 AM »

Ok, well I did "reach out to the customer service center" so they could place the order on my behalf... but they have sent me back to you.

Quote from: Order Support at Regnow
We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We understand
that you have an issue regarding product discount.

Please contact the vendor directly with your request, as we are unable
to assist you with this issue. Video Enhancer may be contacted directly
at:

Support E-mail:support@thedeemon.com

... well, it's more than just a problem with a discount. I can't place an order at all.

So, I have emailed you at that address with my request to order Video Enhancer in some alternate way. Hopefully we can sort something out.
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 07:48:51 AM »

Oh, that customer support officer (Maria P.) didn't bother to understand your issue. Ok, we'll come up with something.

Meanwhile I got a reply from the first guy:
My work computer is Windows XP with service pack 3 and I have not
encountered the issue the customer is referencing in my time here at
RegNow.  It is possible their antivirus's are causing the issue but it
could also be related to issues with their ISP.  I will send to my QA
team though to test but without specifics on what was 'blocking' the
order, then it will have to be happenstance that they encounter the same
error as the customer.

Regards,
Tyler S.
RegNow Accounts Department
RegNow, a service of Digital River, Inc
http://www.regnow.com
Manoman455

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »

I really thing its an antivirus issue or some software that is filtering your online activities. try temporarily disabling your antivirus while making the order and then turn it back on afterwards whether it worked or not. of course if you are  uncomfortable with the idea of disabling the antivirus and/or other software you don't have to do so, just trying to put suggestions out, but yeah this is a kinda of thing that the officails should handle and I'll stop butting in. LOL  Grin
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 06:06:09 PM by Manoman455 » Logged
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 09:55:20 AM »

We're setting up a business account in PayPal to be able to receive PayPal payments directly without RegNow. That should help in such cases.
Liquid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 06:06:20 PM »

We're setting up a business account in PayPal to be able to receive PayPal payments directly without RegNow. That should help in such cases.

Ok, thanks. I will keep checking back here to see when you have PayPal set up.
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 12:46:52 PM »

Recently we had to change our payments processor from RegNow to Avangate. Now one can buy Video Enhancer by following this link.

Setting up direct payments with PayPal turned out to be harder and longer than I expected.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: