Infognition forum
October 24, 2017, 05:27:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Last Video Enhancer version: 2.2

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Video Enhancer directshow filters?  (Read 17354 times)
Milardo

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2011, 03:21:08 PM »

Hi, I noticed that video enhancer had installed super resolution and vdfilter .ax files-directshow filters. Can these be used in a directshow filter application such as graphedit? Can they be configured in anyway? I am wondering because it would be nice to use super resolution in another directshow app, etc.
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 07:14:28 PM »

Not in this form. SR filters are tuned to work only in VE.
VDFilter can be used in grapdedits and other DirectShow apps but will display a watermark.
A few days ago we got a request for a demo of super resolution DirectShow filters, I think they will be available next week. They'll be able to work without VE but will have some mechanism preventing pirates using them in their apps.
Milardo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 03:39:01 AM »

Oh, cool. Will the demo be available for download here? Will one be able to try it other directshow programs that accept directshow filters?
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 09:41:22 AM »

Yes, at least we'll post it here.
Milardo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 06:43:33 AM »

Hi, are the directshow filters available yet?
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 02:42:16 PM »

Sorry, we were distracted by another project. I hope SR filter will be available soon.
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 10:21:32 AM »

Here's the Super Resolution YUV demo DirectShow filter:
http://tmp.infognition.com/SRdemoYUV.zip
It accepts YV12, YUY2 and RGB24 video but internally works in YV12 and outputs YV12 video.
Parameters can be set via its propery page or programmatically via COM interface.
Draws a watermark over video.
Milardo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 06:40:31 AM »

Cool thanks! I will test it out. I suppose the non watermark version costs a fee though?
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 10:08:28 AM »

For personal use if you own a license for Video Enhancer or SuperRes VirtualDub filter you can get it for free. For distributing in a product it costs a higher fee.
Milardo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 10:22:23 AM »

Oh, that is great, may I request for the non watermark version of the directshow filter, I do have a license for video enhancer as you probably know. Also I just tested it in kmplayer and it works good except I am unable to change the parameters when playing back video, it does not seem to get applied to video even if I stop it. It seems for every video, the filter would apply a different size for some reason, I can't control it.
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 02:17:40 PM »

Is there a way to open filter's property page in kmplayer?

I guess the player first connects output pin of our filter to a renderer (or other filter) and fixes output resolution before one can play with filter's settings. By default output is 200% of input. To see the changed resolution after changing the settings one needs to reconnect output of SR filter (and of course stop the filter and then run again, changes are not applied in paused state).

I'll prepare and send non-watermarked version tomorrow.
Milardo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 11:14:50 PM »

Didn't register the filter in system only add external filter (feature of kmplayer) to kmplayer. Usually have no problems with using filters this way including vdfilter (works great), and you can either adjust properties from that part of the program, or when playing media file, you can bring up list of filters and adjust from there. However, from the add external filter section or adjust while playing, the filter seems to control what size it wants depending on video size. It didn't follow the properties at all. I set it one way, and it would just go to defaults instead. I'm going to try again to see how else I can adjust it though.
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 08:53:36 AM »

The filter wasn't designed specifically for video players (it's not so fast to be used in realtime anyway), it's more of a developer tool really. Sent you a non-watermarked version.
Milardo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 11:51:32 AM »

Thanks for that version, I will only use it for personal needs. Using the filter in realtime works fine unless you are upscaling to hd like 1280x720 for example. With the demo version there is a isr.h file. How do I configure that to change the filter properties? There should be a config file for changing properties outside fo gui. LIke in my case where I can't seem  to yet change the properties.
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 05:47:35 PM »

That .h file is a C++ header for using the filter from one's own application. It describes some API, it's not a config file by itself.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: