Infognition forum
October 22, 2017, 08:12:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Last Video Enhancer version: 2.2

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Test Sequences  (Read 18554 times)
Manabu

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2012, 10:44:45 PM »

Hi, I saw the four test sequences (browsing, excel, gep and printer) in ScreenPressor's page, but there is no indication on how freely one can use and copy them. I think they are good screen capture samples, and would be good standard test sequences, like the ones you can find in Xiph site. As you can see, there is no test sequence of the type ScreenPressor is designed to compress between those in Xiph site.

So, what about releasing them (or some others similar) with a clear and liberal license (Creative Commons CC0 would be perfect) so anyone can use to benchmark codecs for screen capture purposes? I think it is yours interest to have standard test sequences that your codec is already optimized for, and even featuring some of your other products, like GraphEditPlus.
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:33:29 PM »

Good point!
Two of them (browsing, gep) were created by us, so it's just a matter of choosing a right license.
The other two were taken from an unofficial comparison made by another company (InnoHeim) and their origin and license are unknown.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: