Infognition forum
February 19, 2018, 09:31:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Last Video Enhancer version: 2.2

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Am very confused about versions  (Read 188 times)
TCmullet

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2017, 06:45:00 AM »

VideoEnhancer is version 2.2, March 2017.  Yet the current SuperRes vdf files for VirtualDub are Dec. 2013.

I"m confused about what is and how to confirm that I have current versions of all three, Video Enhancer, SuperRes vdf for VirtualDub and SuperRes.avs for Avisynth.  Please clarify.  (I do realize that one might get updated without the needed to update the others.)
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 02:23:15 PM »

I think that's right. VirtualDub and AviSynth filters have not been updated for quite some time. And last Video Enhancer version was released this spring.
TCmullet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 03:55:52 PM »

I think that's right. VirtualDub and AviSynth filters have not been updated for quite some time. And last Video Enhancer version was released this spring.
So all the bug fixes/enhancements had nothing to do with those two items and those two items are as current and perfect as can be?
Dee Mon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 03:16:23 PM »

As you understand there is the SR engine itself, and there is everything else: user interface, reading and decoding video, dealing with other VDub filters, compressing and writing video and audio in different formats.. In case of our SR plugins for VirtualDub and AviSynth, the plugins basically contain just the SR engine while everything else it taken care of by the host application (VDub or AviSynth).

I think all the recent changes were in the GUI part of Video Enhancer, not the SR engine itself. With version 2 of VE the user-facing app itself was rewritten from scratch in another language, the way it works with different filters has changed, processing was separated into another process, some fixes and enhancements were about dealing with different codecs and formats. SR engine itself remained basically the same.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: